Saturday, March 03, 2007

Vacancy

Subterranean Press is serializing Lucius Shepard's novella Vacancy in their online magazine a couple of chapters at a time. Right now they have the first seven (of twelve) chapters available.

So far it is a fascinating piece of work and the serializing of the novel is keeping me far more interested in reading Shepard's work than I would have been otherwise. There is a smaller time investment than picking up the book from the library and it keeps me wondering what is going to happen next.

Good things are happening over at Subterranean. If I were a book collector I would love their limited editions. As for now I think I am more frustrated by their limited editions of work I really want to read (Scalzi's limited editions, for example) but that my library will never get.

No matter. I will enjoy their online magazine until I can find a library edition of those books.

No comments: