Monday, January 31, 2011

some short story recs

Rachel Swirsky offers up her recommendations (and her nominations) for the coming awards season. Short Stories.  I hope she has similar posts lined up for novelettes and novellas. 

I've been chipping away at my reading for my Hugo nominations and will have a post on that in the next few weeks when I finalize what I've been able to get to.  Swirsky's list helps. 

One thing I will say, though - Jennifer Pelland's "Ghosts of New York" will be on my ballot.  Fantastic story.  I'm not coming across five stories to top it.  Y'all should read it.

4 comments:

LisaMM said...

Hi Joe, I looked around your blog for contact info but couldn't find any. Was wondering if you could email me? I have a question for you. Thanks!

Joe said...

Hi Lisa,

I took it down a week or two ago. Without going into specifics (I'm going to make the rare personal post in the next week), I'm going to be unavailable in three weeks and there should be a few changes around here.

Joe

Chad Hull said...

That sounds ominous. I hope all is well and you are okay.

Joe said...

Oh..uh...yeah. I'm perfectly fine. Really. For some reason I didn't process that other people would read the comment. :)